We first would like to thank all our supporters for your consistent support and prayer since we first announced our plans to move to Guatemala earlier this year. Thanks to your sacrificial gifts we are getting ever closer to reaching our goal of getting to Guatemala in January of 2021.
As we began writing this update, we checked on our accounts to get you the most accurate numbers as we end the year. Since our last update, a lot has happened in our lives. Aaron unexpectedly lost his job at the church, and as a result we’re looking for a new church home. Aaron’s best friend from high school unexpectedly passed away. We had to make the decision of who’s going to attend which funeral as we had two funerals – one for Aaron’s friend and one for Brianna’s uncle on the same day. In the midst of all that, finishing up the school semester. Needless to say, there has been a lot on our plates. In all of that, we gained no new monthly supporters. Quite honestly we’ve faced a host of discouragement because of all life has thrown at us, this included. But, as I said above, we checked in on our account this morning to give you an update of the numbers and to our surprise, we were gifted $5,000 to our startup costs. Praise the Lord!
Just as a reminder, the startup costs are a one-time lump sum that we are required to have in our account in order to go to the mission field. These funds go towards:
- Plane tickets
- Our stay in Antigua during language school to learn Spanish
- Our eventual permanent housing
- Furnishing our home (furniture, dishes, towels, soap, etc.)
- A car
- Any other moving expenses
We are starting basically from scratch when we hit the ground in Guatemala, as we are unable to take anything besides basically clothing with us.
Time and time again, God continues to surprise us with the generosity of His people and He continues to remind us that this is His will.
The Road Ahead
We’ve been in contact with our leadership in SI Guatemala and have set goals for ourselves for the new year.
- Graduate from college
- Aaron is finished at the end of December. Brianna will be done in May 2020.
- Raise the remainder of our monthly support as soon as possible.
- Find a new church family.
- Attend Cross Cultural Training in North Carolina in the summer of 2020.
- We can’t do this if we aren’t fully funded before then.
- Head to Guatemala in January 2021.
We are so thankful to those who have contributed thus far to our mission and words cannot express our gratitude other than to say we are in awe that God would let sinners like us take on that task with the love and support from people like you. Each one of you has a special part in our life that led us to this moment in time. Each one of you has a history with us and a future. We know that this is all because of God’s doing.
A Call for Help
- If you’re already a partner with us, would you just continue to pray that God would continue to show his goodness and provision to you to make you able to continue to support us?
- If you have been praying about possibly joining us monthly as a partner, would you keep praying about it, and if you feel so led, please join us today?
- Please pray that God would give us both peace in our hearts and minds as we tackle the tough road ahead of finishing school and Aaron finding a job.
- Please pray God provides a job that will work to keep us afloat until we land in Guatemala in 2021.
- Please pray that we will get all of our one time funds and monthly supporters by the end of the first half of 2020.